How can BCP benefit physicians?
BCP will contract with insurance plans and employers in new ways that would likely not be available to individual provider organizations. These contracts will provide methods to financially reward physician participants and other provider partners who
demonstrate value by quality performance and lowering cost.
What benefit does Beaumont Health provide in the development of BCP?
Partnering with the health system can provide distinct advantages to a network of physicians in the development of clinical integration. In instances where the health system shares the same quality vision as the physicians, it can be a powerful ally in
program development by:
- Collaborating with the physicians in development of clinical integration initiatives based on inpatient quality and performance measures
- lending financial assistance and personnel in implementing inpatient and outpatient initiatives that provide true community benefit and are not tied to the volume or value of referrals
Data and Analytics:
- Outpatient data collected and held by Physician Organizations (POs)
- Inpatient data provided to POs by Beaumont Health
- Data integrity for performance evaluation highly dependent on each participant's effort to manage their patient population along predefined quality metrics
- Performance analysis and improvement strategies provided by PO support
- Performance reports for each provider
- Remediation process defined by BCP board of directors